Official Updated - New Freedom! Network Joining Requirements

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

Koala_Steamed

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Retired Administrator
Jun 1, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Koala_Steamed
We have now updated the requirements to join the Freedom! network.

The requirements are as follows:
Your channel must abide by YouTube’s Community Guidelines and should be in good standing.
Your channel must be part of the YouTube Partnership Program
Your channel must have at least 5,000 subscribers AND 100,000 views in the last 30 days.

We do realise that 5,000 subscribers and 100k views is quite a big milestone to reach and launching your channel to monetization can be one of the hardest parts. Our forum and community are always open to all channels no matter how big. You can also become a Freedom! member of the forums (no requirements) all you need to do is Link your YouTube Channel to the dashboard.

Koala_Steamed

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Retired Administrator
Jun 1, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Koala_Steamed
Is tis all networks now?

This is for the Freedom! Network but all networks will most likely be upping their joining requirements, may be even more. YouTube have tightened requirements on all Networks. Then the reason that YouTube is being so strict on monetization is from the pressure advertisers have given.

All networks do still have the YPP requirements.

Sucks for smaller channels but when you do get monetization you should hopefully be getting higher CPM.

Koala_Steamed

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Retired Administrator
Jun 1, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Koala_Steamed
An improvement.
I personally don't see myself stumbling upon the need to rejoin this or join any network for the foreseeable future, but the network should be capable of producing greater benefits to its members if it has some degree of exclusivity.

Yes with higher requirements the network will be able to focus more on the individuals rather than the mass recruit style that Freedom! previously was. Hopefully we can still get some benefits for the up and coming channels to help guide them into meeting the requirements :)

MrDJSilva

Administrator
Administrator
Freedom! Member
May 5, 2015
Australia
mrdjsilva.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
MrDJSilva
I said this in the original update months ago with theses requirements creators will expect a better rev share split, I'd rather see a rev split of 70/30 split as most of the benefits can be done with a budget of $3000USD a year or even cheaper just takes more direct action and the creator to have a job during the meantime and keep their whole income from youtube...

Also Freedom! as a network isn't competitive anymore the only thing that stands out is the instant payment, no payment threshold, however, these benefits aren't worth 40% and to be honest i rather wait to reach the payment threshold and keeping $100 for the channel and the brand than just earning a few dollars or cents.

Koala_Steamed

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Retired Administrator
Jun 1, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Koala_Steamed
I said this in the original update months ago with theses requirements creators will expect a better rev share split, I'd rather see a rev split of 70/30 split as most of the benefits can be done with a budget of $3000USD a year or even cheaper just takes more direct action and the creator to have a job during the meantime and keep their whole income from youtube...

Also Freedom! as a network isn't competitive anymore the only thing that stands out is the instant payment, no payment threshold, however, these benefits aren't worth 40% and to be honest i rather wait to reach the payment threshold and keeping $100 for the channel and the brand than just earning a few dollars or cents.

The revenue share for the Freedom! network is up to 95%, 60% was just the base starting %. I can have a check and see if the base revenue share will be lifted from 60% now that the requirements are more strict. Also if you do have some suggestions for features that you would like to see in the network let me know and I can pass them on.

Mar 5, 2019
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
I joined I think just after this rule came in so couldn’t join other than on the forums. While I can understand to a degree these moves. What networks will see is less need for networks. Think about it. Most of the hard work I did to get to 1k and the watch time to get monetised was a huge milestone in itself. When I found out I wouldn’t get accepted until I hit 5k I kinda gave up on the network route as a whole. Here is why.

Firstly all the stuff networks could do to help smaller channels I’ve had to learn on my own and grind hard as hell every week.

What is it the network could do to boost my channel I’m not doing myself to grow to 5k??
Where as before the new creators supported the bigger channels in the network far less are seeking out networks but working with other smaller creators to build the channel.
I’ve had to fight fake copy right claims on my own and understand what I need to do to fight them.
I have zero strikes on my channel and know what I need to do to keep it that way.
So what exactly wil a network offer me ?? Especially at 5k pushing to 10k ??
What sponsors can you bring to the table for the percentage??
I’ve had offers I’ve turned down because they don’t fit my brand already and I’m sub 5k.
What is freedom going to offer others can’t once I reach 5k? as let’s be honest that opens up quite a few other networks.

I’m not using copyright content. I have zero sponsorships I don’t go live well not much yet. My channel has 4.4k subs and great watchtime. So what is it you will do??

Honestly how active are the forums now?? How many active partnerships can you offer??
How can you help drive subs and watchtime to my channel. Let’s be honest I’ve seen the twitch streamers on here with maybe 2 viewers and there streamers SMH. I stream on twitch rarely from my Xbox and get more and I’m terrible at fortnight.

Honesty starts with looking at how little you are doing to grow freedom at the top. How was freedom last promoted by the people in the network ? I think the network needs to realise it’s become lazy.

Koala_Steamed

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Retired Administrator
Jun 1, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Koala_Steamed
I joined I think just after this rule came in so couldn’t join other than on the forums. While I can understand to a degree these moves. What networks will see is less need for networks. Think about it. Most of the hard work I did to get to 1k and the watch time to get monetised was a huge milestone in itself. When I found out I wouldn’t get accepted until I hit 5k I kinda gave up on the network route as a whole. Here is why.

Firstly all the stuff networks could do to help smaller channels I’ve had to learn on my own and grind hard as hell every week.

What is it the network could do to boost my channel I’m not doing myself to grow to 5k??
Where as before the new creators supported the bigger channels in the network far less are seeking out networks but working with other smaller creators to build the channel.
I’ve had to fight fake copy right claims on my own and understand what I need to do to fight them.
I have zero strikes on my channel and know what I need to do to keep it that way.
So what exactly wil a network offer me ?? Especially at 5k pushing to 10k ??
What sponsors can you bring to the table for the percentage??
I’ve had offers I’ve turned down because they don’t fit my brand already and I’m sub 5k.
What is freedom going to offer others can’t once I reach 5k? as let’s be honest that opens up quite a few other networks.

I’m not using copyright content. I have zero sponsorships I don’t go live well not much yet. My channel has 4.4k subs and great watchtime. So what is it you will do??

Honestly how active are the forums now?? How many active partnerships can you offer??
How can you help drive subs and watchtime to my channel. Let’s be honest I’ve seen the twitch streamers on here with maybe 2 viewers and there streamers SMH. I stream on twitch rarely from my Xbox and get more and I’m terrible at fortnight.

Honesty starts with looking at how little you are doing to grow freedom at the top. How was freedom last promoted by the people in the network ? I think the network needs to realise it’s become lazy.

I do agree with quite a few of these points, I myself joined the network to learn how to get my channel off the ground. I have been told that Freedom! has now started to make an effort to be more 1 on 1 focused. So each partner can request an agent to work with them to solve issues or work on sponsors/partnerships, while before it was more a serve yourself sort of deal. Also we have been working on content management where Freedom can find YouTube channels that have used your video content and monetize it with ads, this is a lot more tailored to the larger channel where smaller channel try to copy their content for money or exposure.

I'll send this onto our management team anyway, thanks for the feedback. If you have any questions you'd like answered let me know.

Mar 5, 2019
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
I do agree with quite a few of these points, I myself joined the network to learn how to get my channel off the ground. I have been told that Freedom! has now started to make an effort to be more 1 on 1 focused. So each partner can request an agent to work with them to solve issues or work on sponsors/partnerships, while before it was more a serve yourself sort of deal. Also we have been working on content management where Freedom can find YouTube channels that have used your video content and monetize it with ads, this is a lot more tailored to the larger channel where smaller channel try to copy their content for money or exposure.

I'll send this onto our management team anyway, thanks for the feedback. If you have any questions you'd like answered let me know.

salute bro thanks just some stuff I’ve seen is all

Mar 5, 2019
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
The fact is many channels under 25k will not meet the 100k views per month barrier. Especially as most will be part timers able to produce 4 high quality videos a month. I’ve seen people with 10k subs achieve less than that view figures wise.

even if the do a video a day if they have subs under 25k they will struggle period. The 5k grind is something they can do but many much larger channels with between 10-20k subs will not achieve those views per month.[DOUBLEPOST=1570193902][/DOUBLEPOST]Show me 1 channel with 5 to 10k subs getting 100k views per month just 1 on the whole of youtube. Find me 1 just one.

Oct 21, 2019
تركيا
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
[QUOTE = "Koala_Steamed ، المنشور: 1060135 ، العضو: 10319"] لقد قمنا الآن بتحديث متطلبات الانضمام إلى Freedom! شبكة الاتصال.

المتطلبات هي كما يلي:
يجب أن تلتزم قناتك بإرشادات المنتدى في YouTube وأن تكون في وضع جيد.
يجب أن تكون قناتك جزءًا من برنامج شراكة YouTube
يجب أن يكون لدى قناتك 5000 مشترك على الأقل و 100000 مشاهدة في آخر 30 يومًا.

نحن ندرك أن 5000 مشترك و 100 ألف مشاهدة تعد علامة فارقة إلى حد كبير للوصول إلى أن إطلاق قناتك لتحقيق الدخل يمكن أن يكون أحد أصعب الأجزاء. منتدىنا ومجتمعنا مفتوحان دائمًا لجميع القنوات بغض النظر عن حجمها. يمكنك أيضا أن تصبح حرية! عضو في المنتديات (بدون متطلبات) كل ما عليك القيام به هو ربط قناتك على YouTube بلوحة القيادة . [/ QUOTE]
Hello my friend Koala I want to ask you a question about my channel I received a warning that I am having a problem with the account when I review it Can I know what the problem is in order to avoid it and thank you very much

Koala_Steamed

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Retired Administrator
Jun 1, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Koala_Steamed
[QUOTE = "Koala_Steamed ، المنشور: 1060135 ، العضو: 10319"] لقد قمنا الآن بتحديث متطلبات الانضمام إلى Freedom! شبكة الاتصال.

المتطلبات هي كما يلي:
يجب أن تلتزم قناتك بإرشادات المنتدى في YouTube وأن تكون في وضع جيد.
يجب أن تكون قناتك جزءًا من برنامج شراكة YouTube
يجب أن يكون لدى قناتك 5000 مشترك على الأقل و 100000 مشاهدة في آخر 30 يومًا.

نحن ندرك أن 5000 مشترك و 100 ألف مشاهدة تعد علامة فارقة إلى حد كبير للوصول إلى أن إطلاق قناتك لتحقيق الدخل يمكن أن يكون أحد أصعب الأجزاء. منتدىنا ومجتمعنا مفتوحان دائمًا لجميع القنوات بغض النظر عن حجمها. يمكنك أيضا أن تصبح حرية! عضو في المنتديات (بدون متطلبات) كل ما عليك القيام به هو ربط قناتك على YouTube بلوحة القيادة . [/ QUOTE]
Hello my friend Koala I want to ask you a question about my channel I received a warning that I am having a problem with the account when I review it Can I know what the problem is in order to avoid it and thank you very much

Hello اسلحجي اسلحجي

Can you send a screen shot of the issue so that I can see what the problem is.[DOUBLEPOST=1571899909,1571899055][/DOUBLEPOST]
The fact is many channels under 25k will not meet the 100k views per month barrier. Especially as most will be part timers able to produce 4 high quality videos a month. I’ve seen people with 10k subs achieve less than that view figures wise.

even if the do a video a day if they have subs under 25k they will struggle period. The 5k grind is something they can do but many much larger channels with between 10-20k subs will not achieve those views per month.[DOUBLEPOST=1570193902][/DOUBLEPOST]Show me 1 channel with 5 to 10k subs getting 100k views per month just 1 on the whole of youtube. Find me 1 just one.

I'm not too sure why those exact numbers where set. It's most likely that real requirement is 100k per month and 5k+ subs is just to weed out fake channels that may have gained the views illegitimately. I have seen channels get those numbers before, even my own channel has gained over 100k views in a month although that was just a 1 off.

PEA

Mar 1, 2017
590k views in the last 90 days, 4k subs, i'm doing pretty good, come on! Let me re join for the last time! :D

Reactions: Jhon Styler