Opinion An offer

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Riganthor
So a few days ago I was contacted by the creators of the app called TopBuzz. topbuzz wants to become a video sharing app and well it contacted me for permission to use my content on their app. the reason I am writing this here is because I am not sure what to do or if I should trust it. I have looked it up and yes this app exists and yes they are of course offering payiment and I have hear I am not the only small creator they have contacted, it seems they want lots of content and cantacting the small guys because those are more likely to say yes. so what do you guys think? should I allow them to use my content?[DOUBLEPOST=1510218701][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey there,

We are from TopBuzz, a content distributing platform which tailors content feed for users worldwide.

We'd love to invite you to be one of the first creators to join our TopBuzz Creators program!

We offer:

- New revenue stream. (high CPM to monetize your videos based on views.)
- Larger audience
- More views
- Tech support to sync your history posts from YouTube and Facebook channel
Join the family with Associated Press, Reuters, Mashable, Littlethings, Refinery29, and more!

Here is the fast lane link for you to sign up on TopBuzz, sync your channel and start monetizing on TopBuzz.

Last edited:

LW001

Administrator
Administrator
Beta
Wiki Contributor
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
lw_002
As just discussed in chat, these are companies that in 90% are just out to take content of naive smaller channels and make money off it. The site could be legitimate, though here's what I recommend for offers like this:

Ask questions.
Anything unclear about the offer? Ask them.

Be annoying.
They need your content, you don't need their money. Keep asking every question you can find. Also keep an eye out for the response times.

Don't agree to what you haven't seen.
Ask for every contract, legal documents you need to agree to, details about the company, who owns it etc. Once you're given these documents, read through them. Also feel free to DM me them or post them here and I'll be happy to read on through it and look for common pitfalls in these contracts. Most of these include stuff like you giving them full to your content in fine print or more. Here's a common one:

Stay away from NDAs.
Non-disclosure agreements often happen on these offers. No matter what they offer you for it, NEVER sign an NDA unless you know the company and know you profit from it.

Think of payment details.
Will the company pay you? How will they pay you? What revenue share will they take? What minimum payout is there? When will you get paid? What happens when you leave?

U

User.123120

I had the email to, to be honest i deleted it, for me it was to much of a spammy email and i think there juat trying tol clone Epoxy [emoji53]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk