Tech Need some help

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

zlewis10

Rising User
Jul 31, 2014
Gaming, or on the Engine
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
zlewis10LP
I'm not for sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but I've been having trouble with my microphone. I have an Audio Technica AT2020 USB condenser. Every time I hook it up to my computer to record audio for gameplay, it will record for like 5 seconds, and then it will automatically mute itself. I have Windows 7 Home Professional 32-bit edition. I've updated everything I could possibly update and it still won't work. Does anyone know what to do in this case? Thanks to all that help me out!

SynthesizedYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2017
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
in my prior knowledge i think it's the microphone, maybe something went inside? like something stopping it by it self. Not sure... but to be honest i dont think it's your computer

- I Might be Wrong,, and cuz of that sorry in advance.

TopList

Apr 4, 2017
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Try using a different recording software , microphones aren't really known to 'mute' themselfs unless they're obviously old and on there way to be thrown away

Reactions: SynthesizedYT

SynthesizedYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2017
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
thats a great thing to use for voice. I Wouldn't suggest anything other than Audicity[DOUBLEPOST=1491343445][/DOUBLEPOST]and what do you record. like what games

Reactions: zlewis10

TopList

Apr 4, 2017
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
okay so it's a long run but use OBS ( Open Broadcast Software ) for both Ingame recording and for Voice recording , reason being obs might resolve your microphone issue + you can always change the mp4 or mov file into a mp3 file and make voice recordings that anyway

zlewis10

Rising User
Jul 31, 2014
Gaming, or on the Engine
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
zlewis10LP
okay so it's a long run but use OBS ( Open Broadcast Software ) for both Ingame recording and for Voice recording , reason being obs might resolve your microphone issue + you can always change the mp4 or mov file into a mp3 file and make voice recordings that anyway
I tried that and my microphone still muted itself about 2 seconds into recording. i even tried switching microphones by using the one built into my webcam and it does the same exact thing to it as well.

TopList

Apr 4, 2017
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
I tried that and my microphone still muted itself about 2 seconds into recording. i even tried switching microphones by using the one built into my webcam and it does the same exact thing to it as well.

then i really think the problem is your motherboard if I'm honest