Opinion Question Regarding Website

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
HealPleaseHeal
Hey guys, so I actually have a question regarding a website that I own. At this time I own MindofCarnage.com and have a over 3600 followers. I was a wrestling news site, but have since stopped posting wrestling related news and just provide a hosted site for podcasters regarding wrestling. I've been thinking that instead of developing a new site if I should just incorporate my gaming content on the same website as well. I can change it around to showcase both wrestling related content and gaming content. If you type Healpleaseheal.com if already directs you to this site as I registered the domain so it wouldn't be taken.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this? Is this a good idea to share content?

The Realm Of The Geek

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2016
therotg.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Hmm, I don't really think you should..

I say this because out of those 3,600 people that followed your site for Wrestling News, I'd imagine only around 5% of them would actually view some gaming content on a mainly-wrestling content site.. and I'd imagine only about 2% of the 5% that saw the gaming content would continue reading / viewing the gaming stuff..

And, if you get a following on there for gaming as well, it would be a very odd mix in my opinion.. but in the end, its your choice, I'm just putting in my two-cents ;)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Beta
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2014
Netherlands
dnhburgemeester.wix.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Twilight_Prinze
Hey guys, so I actually have a question regarding a website that I own. At this time I own MindofCarnage.com and have a over 3600 followers. I was a wrestling news site, but have since stopped posting wrestling related news and just provide a hosted site for podcasters regarding wrestling. I've been thinking that instead of developing a new site if I should just incorporate my gaming content on the same website as well. I can change it around to showcase both wrestling related content and gaming content. If you type Healpleaseheal.com if already directs you to this site as I registered the domain so it wouldn't be taken.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this? Is this a good idea to share content?
Gaming and Wrestling are 2 different subjects. The following base you have now is based on the Wrestling part so adding gaming to that might have a negative effect depending on the content.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
HealPleaseHeal
Hmm, I don't really think you should..

I say this because out of those 3,600 people that followed your site for Wrestling News, I'd imagine only around 5% of them would actually view some gaming content on a mainly-wrestling content site.. and I'd imagine only about 2% of the 5% that saw the gaming content would continue reading / viewing the gaming stuff..

And, if you get a following on there for gaming as well, it would be a very odd mix in my opinion.. but in the end, its your choice, I'm just putting in my two-cents ;)
I appreciate that and for sure will keep it in mind.[DOUBLEPOST=1503411721][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gaming and Wrestling are 2 different subjects. The following base you have now is based on the Wrestling part so adding gaming to that might have a negative effect depending on the content.
that is true. Thanks for the input.

Jul 5, 2017
Most of your followers would be expecting wrestling based content and gaming is a totally different genre, people might react negative towards this change, but i suppose you never know until you try.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
HealPleaseHeal
Most of your followers would be expecting wrestling based content and gaming is a totally different genre, people might react negative towards this change, but i suppose you never know until you try.
it's true, I'll have to give this more thought.[DOUBLEPOST=1503415624][/DOUBLEPOST]
you could have both on one site, it's no problem. plus you already started making the platform with the first website
True, i just have to see if the current fan base would be susceptible with this.