Community YouTube and Life

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I am officially on winter break which means that I can start to post things to my YouTube channel. The huge issue with all of this is that I really dont know what I want to do. I truly want to be myself on YouTube since school kind of limits me from that but I dont know how i could go along doing that with trying to find things to upload. When winter break is over I wont have time to do anything YouTube related so my efforts could be considered a waste of time. I have plans of trying to do collegiate esports although with how my future is going to be set i dont think that could happen either. Regardless I just feel like I wont truly be able to do anything without things being considered a waste. I want to do tons of things but it wont work out at this rate. What could I do?

MoD-SquadTV

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
MoDSquadddTV
i have a solution for your problem, tell your fans that you're going to upload once in a week, in this break try to make alot of videos without posting them, just post on schedule once in a week, so in this way you are considered a consistent :)

Reactions: Star The Artoonist

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Beta
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2014
Netherlands
dnhburgemeester.wix.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Twilight_Prinze
You first have to find out for yourself what it is you want to do with your youtube channel. Most have a plan before going heads on.
What is your goal with youtube, is it for fun, is it something else?
Once you know wich way you want to go i would indeed go with the above and let your viewers know what your currently working on and that you have only time for at least 1 video a week :)

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
LtGeneralStore
I'm in the same situation as you. I'm a college students and during the semester I don't have that much time to record videos. I have a 2TB hard drive that I try to fill up during winter and summer breaks so that I have a load a videos saved up and I can upload during the semesters.

Koala_Steamed

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Retired Administrator
Jun 1, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Koala_Steamed
Most people don't have time to make YouTube a full time job, I'd say keep it as a hobby if you have a few spare hours a week to make a video then go for it. If not, then take a break from it. I can go months at a time without uploading, but it still doesn't mean I have to quit :)