Community Do you still play?

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
www.facebook.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
ScalperHero
A big question for the whole community do you still play RPG maker games or do you think the time has 100% passed it, and if one was made and presented to the community would you play it or would you just pass it by?

I ask because I am working on a game myself with RPG maker and which having learning disabilities I cannot really learn to code and be able to remember the coding, so RPG maker is my only option.

Thank you all for your time.

U

User.123120

The only issues i have with RPG maker is everyone uses the same assets, don't get me wrong it's a brilliant tool, I've used it myself, and found it a treat and it has the possibility to make great games but alot of people spend ten minutes on it and then share it to gamejolt or something which doest do the engine/software anygood :/ but if i had to suggest one thing to make it unique is your own assets [emoji5]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scalperhero

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
www.facebook.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
ScalperHero
The only issues i have with RPG maker is everyone uses the same assets, don't get me wrong it's a brilliant tool, I've used it myself, and found it a treat and it has the possibility to make great games but alot of people spend ten minutes on it and then share it to gamejolt or something which doest do the engine/software anygood :/ but if i had to suggest one thing to make it unique is your own assets [emoji5]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
the only assets ill be getting that are custom made for my game is the character creation that you can do and also my friend is making me some custom monsters for my game as well.

as for tilesets I'm looking for free to use good ones that can be used in games to be sold in no good at that stuff myself but also I'm trying to combined RTP tilesets that come with it together to make it a least a bit different, and I am also using a medieval building tilesets that I was able to buy on steam to go with RPG maker, so I am trying to make it better than them 10 min junk lol

Reactions: User.123120
U

User.123120

the only assets ill be getting that are custom made for my game is the character creation that you can do and also my friend is making me some custom monsters for my game as well.

as for tilesets I'm looking for free to use good ones that can be used in games to be sold in no good at that stuff myself but also I'm trying to combined RTP tilesets that come with it together to make it a least a bit different, and I am also using a medieval building tilesets that I was able to buy on steam to go with RPG maker, so I am trying to make it better than them 10 min junk lol
To be honest a good story can overlook most things :) make sure to keep a Dev log! :)

Currently Away From Pc.