News lootboxes, gambling or not

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

is fobidding lootboxes a good thing?

• yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • some have to be forbidden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only if they are in a full priced game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Riganthor
so today, the Belgian government has decided that it sees the lootboxes system of EA's starwars battlefront 2 as gambling and now wants to make a EU wide regulation to forbid it completely. not just hat but also the stat of hawaii has come out to say that lootboxes are gambling and that they are making legislation against this. for those whom are against lootboxes/microtransactions in triple A games this is great news but I want to know what the freedom family thinks of these developments and where you see all of this heading.

LW001

Administrator
Administrator
Beta
Wiki Contributor
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
lw_002
I'm pretty sure some place did this a few months ago. Personally I wouldn't be against it (It is masked gambling and ultimately a hole in laws) but I don't think it'll happen.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
Riganthor
there hasnt been a place in which lootboxes where banned, china did try to force blizzard to publish the droprates of skins, the chance you would get a rare skin out of a lootbox

C

Corpfox

TF2 has gambling since 2010 and only complains of EA's SW:BF2. But its mainly cause the star cards, you'll have a massive advantage over other players.