Opinion Pokemon Stop Motion Video

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

Carl D

May 29, 2020
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
So I wanted to ask if uploading pokemon stop motion would be considered kids content? I'm kinda confused I've read the FTC blog on coppa but I am a little lost on it.

LW001

Administrator
Administrator
Beta
Wiki Contributor
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Twitter
lw_002
As usual, it's complicated. I'd go by the list at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9528076?hl=en and see how many of them the video meets. If it's just the characters I wouldn't worry too much but if it ticks more boxes I'd consider marking it. It's just a bunch of unclear rules again which you can't get right.

Carl D

May 29, 2020
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Okay @LW001 the pokemon stop motions are mostly like silent short films of weepin bell battling each other lickingtung battling gengar thats mostly it.

F! Ian

Administrator
Administrator
Apr 25, 2018
Just to add to @LW001's reply, I've seen some Pokemon-centric animation channels get tagged by YouTube's automated review as for kids. My two cents on it is that with visuals/subject matter that appeals to the below-13 crowd, you need to go out of your way to show that the content is NOT for kids because YouTube considers mixed audience as a type of kids content. Basically, if the answer to the question "would a child click on my video and stay to watch it?" is a yes, then there's a strong probability that it would be considered at least mixed audience content.