Community Tips For Starting Twitch

• Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
  • Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!

LeGenDaryPuLse

Nov 26, 2015
Not in Fallout 4
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
I've always wanted to try streaming and I finally can do it. Here is the thing though, I don't know anything about streaming or Twitch in general and I don't know how to get started. For those of you who do streams any tips?

Chyakka

Mar 9, 2016
England, UK
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
Heres the few tips I have:
Webcams are good, they can typically keep an audience more entertained and engaged with the streamer.
1080p (1920x1080) resolution is great.
4000-5000 bitrate is also great.

All the advice I can give, someone that actually streams could probably help more.

Max Anderson

Rising User
Mar 18, 2016
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
To the addition, always commentate, even if nobody is watching your stream. So when somebody does join and watch, your're already talking.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube Channel ID
YouTube Channel
I've always wanted to try streaming and I finally can do it. Here is the thing though, I don't know anything about streaming or Twitch in general and I don't know how to get started. For those of you who do streams any tips?
Communicate to your audience, don't focus too much on the people following you, or mean stuff in chat. Have a friend moderate your chat to make it easier to see other people. Tell the people that watch you, to check out your twitch sometime when it's going on.